Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lady of Leisure.

I'm very into being a lady of leisure these days. In fact, I think I like stressing about money and not working than not stressing about money and worrying about work. I was really ready for a break when I stopped working. I was tired, and my sense of compassion was waning. When I first finished grad school and started seeing clients, I LOVED what I did. Now... not so much. I think it's just a job that you need to do not that much of. It's really easy to burn out and I tend to be a workaholic. I was seeing too many clients. And I was seeing a lot of low fee or no fee people because I believe in accessible mental health for all... But working for free puts a lot of pressure on one. Especially when you still have to pay for your office and such. And the irony is that low and no fee clients are always more intense and more difficult cases than those who can pay. So, I was burning out big time. If we can afford it, I won't work that much after baby boy comes. Husband is trying to work on the nursery, trying to work hard at work and trying to take care of me. My due date is in 11 days. But who knows how soon he'll be here. I'm pretty uncomfortable. Husband has been lovely about rubbing my feet and legs and being an overall great guy. I am lucky and I do love him. The sex addict part, well that totally fucking sucks. But we're surviving as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment